Pages

Back Again

Hoo boy. My apologies to each of you for my long-term, unplanned hiatus. Since my last post a lot has changed at Fig Cottage and I, until quite recently, had found myself a bit too busy and distracted to put any time into this lovely little blog.

Myself and the other residents of Fig Cottage have relocated in recent weeks, and I am feeling the "itch" once again to start focusing more on my crafts. Yes, it's still summer here.... but we've passed the solstice which means that WINTER IS COMING! 

Recently I had the opportunity to participate in some charity crafting via my workplace. Each year the company selects a charity that each individual store can host fundraisers for. This year any collected funds are being donated to local cancer patients and our hospital via the Tree of Life campaign. A half-dozen of the staff at my store (myself included) donated our time and materials, and prepared a large number of hats, plush toys/amigurumi and other knitted/crocheted accessories that we sold on Saturday, July 5. Only half the items sold during the 4 hour sale, but we made $335! All of us were thrilled, and so glad that the funds are staying in the community to help those in need. We will be holding another sale in the fall when woolly things are in higher demand.

I have also been approached by a couple of co-workers to make special order items for them, so that will be an additional $40 contributed to the fund when I finish their items. I plan to sell some of my other handmades to family and friends through the rest of this year, and will be donating a portion of the proceeds to the charity. I'm very excited to be able to help others in need, while getting my name out there a bit more.

Anyhow, I've rambled on long enough. I do hope there are still some figgy followers still hanging around. I won't be posting as often as I was earlier this year but (if I can) I'd like to at least post once a week. I have been working on some other knit designs and will be releasing the patterns later this year. Thanks for all your support so far!